In order to provide you with easy care, we wash and dry almost all of the fabrics before we make the clothing.
For best results we recommend hand wash cold, gently press water out, dry flat. Do not use detergents with bleach, perfumes or additives. No dryer sheets. No woolite.
However, you can also safely machine wash and dry the garments:
- turn item inside out.
- If you have a top loading washing machine, put it into a lingerie bag. It protects the fabric and serged edges from being twisted and pulled.
- if you have a front loading machine, just turn garment inside out. No lingerie bag needed.
- do not use woolite. Use detergents without perfumes, color fasteners or other additives or bleach.
- machine wash COLD, delicate cycle. After washing, take garment out of the lingerie bag.
- tumble dry LOW. If your dryer does not dry on low, put garment into dryer for 10 minutes and then line dry or dry flat. No dryer sheets.
This way you can enjoy your garments for many, many years.
Exceptions - No machine washing and drying:
Occasionally we make clothing from absolutely gorgeous Indian saris or fabric pieces that have triple weavings. They hold up much better if they are hand washed in cold water, gently squeezed out (do not wring them) and then dried flat. Or you can dry clean them.
We will specify that with the item in the description.
Please, contact us if you have questions or call 512 470 2553.